Author Topic: MN / Oak Park - 2009-10  (Read 16600 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Minnesota / Oak Park-King Plant - 2009 / Brent & Belinda
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 20:13 »
Just brought up the cam and don't see a chick, under mom now perhaps??

BCAW watchers are watching too and feel something may be wrong with the baby and in that case mother wouldn't brood it they are saying.  But chick is gone now??

Is that so TPC?  I have never seen before myself.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 20:17 by carly »

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 20:09 »
Looks like there was a hatch here and unfortunately the adult seems to not want anything to do with the hatchling?  The chick is out in the open and moving around but the adult bird is still incubating the eggs...I don't know if I can watch this for much longer.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 17:40 »
I find it amazing how they know..kinda wonder how?  P & T laid 4 eggs last year and this year...but magically one just disappeared.  Falcons just amaze me!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 17:33 »
I personally don't know alli as I haven't been following this site however i just checked BCAW as they follow all the sites there between them all.  SGB saw the parent look at the egg several times and leave it out purposely so perhaps they do know something we don't.

They also noticed the cam zoomed in on it several times...so they must be wondering too.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 17:23 »
Does anyone know what's happening with the loose egg?  Is that just half of a broken one (meaning a hatch?) or they know something about that egg we don't?

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 11:44 »
Pepple moving time  ;)

Offline maggieblue

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 11:34 »
The King plant mom is really shuffling around and up and down, looking at the eggs and opening her beak (probably talking to the eggs).  I think there might be a hatch here very soon.  ;D

Offline maggieblue

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 11:20 »
In addition to Elk River you might want to watch this one today too as there could be a hatch today.  There are 5 eggs and the watch has been on for several days now.  :)

http://birdcam.xcelenergy.com/videoindex.html?cam=falcon2

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
MN / Oak Park - 2009-10
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 22:17 »
2009 NESTING SEASON

The estimated hatch date for this nest was May 13, but so far there is no sign of a hatch.

The falcons at this site are Belinda, band black/green W/E, born 1999 at the Colonnade Building in Minneapolis. In March 2004, Belinda killed Mae, the beloved matriarch of the King Plant, in a territorial battle, and has been the resident female here since then.

The male here is Brent, band black/green W/36, born 2006 at Faith Bluff, Minnesota. Last year the former male, Doug, who had also been Mae's mate, did not return, and Brent arrived. He and Belinda has two babies last year, Ben and Kirby.

This year they have five eggs.

One of the operators at the King Plant provides close-ups from time to time:

http://birdcam.xcelenergy.com/king.html