Author Topic: ON / Ottawa - Delta Hotel - 2009-13  (Read 13749 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
ON / Ottawa - Delta Hotel - 2013 / ? & ?
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2013, 15:31 »
2013 NESTING SEASON

Right now - 22 Feb 2013 @ 1531 CST - there is bird sitting on the ledge by the nestsite.
The webcam at the Crowne Plaza is active year-round.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: ON / Ottawa - Delta Hotel - 2012 / Connor & Diana
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2012, 16:44 »
I'm so glad to hear that you are spotting the PF's in Ottawa, Banane. :D

Offline Banane

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2012, 07:17 »
I'm pretty sure I spotted the Ottawa Taxation Building fledgling on the north side of the Tupper building on my way home from work at 4:00 on July 5th. He/she was in the shade and appeared fairly dark but I figured it should be our little darling on the ledge looking into a window (I don't think this would be something a crow would do).
It always makes me smile to see our falcons.  :D

Offline Banane

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2012, 10:31 »
Glad Connor appears to be back!!   :D
I look forward to the updates on the new pair as well. I'll try to spot them on my way home tonight. 

Offline Banane

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2012, 07:48 »
I just got back from holidays. I'm sorry to read that Connor as gone MIA. That is not good news. I hope nothing has happened to him. Not a good year for our downtown residents.

Anne

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 21:31 »
I did see that, RCF. I wonder if he has had an accident? He has been the resident male there for at least a few years. I'm not sure how old he is. Maybe Banane will have more info for us. :-\

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2012, 22:08 »
I'm pretty sure I saw the building where the new family is situated. It's a little further from Heron Rd surrounded by quite a bit of green space. A nest box would really be a good investment. The ledges look fairly treacherous. I hope the two little ones fledge successfully. 
That's very interesting, Banane. I checked back and on April 20th you posted that you thought you had seen PF's in this area. And sure enough, you had! :D I do have a contact person/address for you but I will have to locate it. I communicated with the people at this site last year. Will look it up and get back to you.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2012, 11:43 »
Is there a name/email for the contact person for the Ottawa falcons. I would certainly like to help our new residents for next season (monetarily or voluntarely, i.e. build a nest box (my husband is a cabinet maker)).

Try this link Banane, I hope this helps.  :)
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/helpcpf.html

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2012, 10:25 »
Is there a name/email for the contact person for the Ottawa falcons. I would certainly like to help our new residents for next season (monetarily or voluntarely, i.e. build a nest box (my husband is a cabinet maker)).

The Canadian Peregrine Foundation are the folks running the webcam and who tend to have jurisdiction over many (most?) of the southern Ontario/Toronto birds.  That's where I would start ...

Offline Banane

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2012, 07:40 »

Offline Banane

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2012, 07:24 »
I'm pretty sure I saw the building where the new family is situated. It's a little further from Heron Rd surrounded by quite a bit of green space. A nest box would really be a good investment. The ledges look fairly treacherous. I hope the two little ones fledge successfully. 

Offline Banane

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2012, 13:11 »
Yes!! I just saw that! How exciting! It must have been one of the parents I spotted (and reported) a few weeks back at the corner of Riverside Dr and Heron Rd. That is super good news. Too bad one chick fell. It would be great if a nest box could be built or secure the current ledge.  ;D ;D 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 14:34 by Banane »

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2012, 19:31 »
I checked and I don't see any other updates other than June 1st 2012. 

No up date but a new pair has been discovered in Ottawa.  :)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2012/06/15/ottawa-falcon-chicks-discovered.html