Author Topic: ON / Ottawa - Delta Hotel - 2009-13  (Read 13716 times)

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: ON / Ottawa - Delta Hotel - 2012 / Connor & Diana
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2012, 15:39 »
I checked and I don't see any other updates other than June 1st 2012. 

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2012, 14:40 »
A report from the website...

June 1st - 2012
While it appears that the Ottawa Delta peregrines may not have a hatch this year, we all still have our fingers crossed that it still may happen. They are now closing on 35 days of incubation, and its getting down to the wire as they say.

Did any chicks hatch here?

Offline Banane

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2012, 14:13 »
Jeez.....again?  :(
This is the 3rd year in a row.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2012, 13:24 »
A report from the website...

June 1st - 2012
While it appears that the Ottawa Delta peregrines may not have a hatch this year, we all still have our fingers crossed that it still may happen. They are now closing on 35 days of incubation, and its getting down to the wire as they say.

Offline Banane

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 09:09 »
That would be great!  ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2012, 19:17 »
...Maybe it's a new resident?
Or I wonder if it's the other pair who was reported to have been seen in the Alta Vista area last year, Banane. :-\

Offline Banane

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2012, 07:13 »
I'm pretty sure I spotted a Peregrine flying above the traffic at the intersection of Riverside Dr and Heron Rd. That's a bit far from downtown for it be either Diana or Connor. Maybe it's a new resident?

Offline Banane

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 09:48 »
I hope Connor and Diana have a better year this year at least there appears to be some incubation going on. I wonder if the second mystery falcon pair will be potted again.
Looking forward to the updates!  ::)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 20:35 »
Web page blog reports that there are eggs here now, although I don't know how many and as of March 30th, incubation has begun. :D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
ON / Ottawa - Delta Hotel - 2012 / Connor & Diana
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2012, 20:32 »
2012 NESTING SEASON

Apparently, Connor & Diana have been spotted in their usual locations around the Crowne Plaza since early February. Last week it was confirmed that pair bonding has been observed. :D

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: ON / Ottawa - Crowne Plaza - 2011 / Connor & Diana
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 11:09 »
Thanks for the report, Kinderchick.  I wish for better luck for our peregrines next year in Ottawa.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2011, 10:31 »
Received an e-mail reply to my inquiries from the CPF webmaster yesterday. Apparently, Connor & Diana have not been positively identified as the resident birds at this site. Nonetheless, they were unsuccessful at producing chicks again this year. However, there is a second nesting pair in Ottawa, who did produce one hatchling and it survived to fledge. 8) It doesn't sound as if anything is known about this second pair, though.

Here is the e-mail I received, for anyone interested...

"The Ottawa nest at the Delta Ottawa City Centre nest has in fact failed this year.  While there are two resident adult peregrines still on site / territory, their identity via their band numbers have NOT been confirmed this season.

With regards to a second nest site in the Ottawa area, yes there is a second nest site, one that produced at least one hatchling, and this youngster did in fact fledge successfully. By the time it was brought to our attention, the youngster has already fledged.

Updated news will follow shortly, as we are still trying to get caught up on all the happenings. We are still very behind updated the CPF web site frame work due to all of the new nest sites and the addition of these new banding events and fledge watches. Sadly, our menu page is way behind.  As you know, our first priority is in the field with the birds, with the web site secondary."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:02 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2011, 15:54 »
No news from this site since June 30th, so I'm thinking that the nest site was unsuccessful, once again. Still waiting for confirmation of this from project coordinator, though.

Offline Banane

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2011, 12:15 »
I know some obeservations regarded a possible "other pair" have been posted. It would be nice to host a second pair of peregrines. I wouldn't mind at all.
Have a nice weekend!

Anne

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2011, 11:45 »
...I have heard reports of two falcons hunting together in the Alta vista area of Ottawa this spring. I was surprised to hear that because I knew that Diana and Connor were possibly nesting and we shouldn't see both of them hunting at the same time so far from their nest...
That is interesting, Banane... I do know the Ottawa area somewhat, because my sister used to live there and I have friends who still live there. Do you suppose there might have been another pair in town? :-\ The Alta Vista area does seem awfully far away from the nest area for Connor & Diana to be hunting together in the Spring. I might ask the site coordinator about that.