Author Topic: ON / Ottawa - Delta Hotel - 2009-13  (Read 13714 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
ON / Ottawa - Crowne Plaza - 2010 / Connor & Diana
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 14:28 »
2010 NESTING SEASON

As of March 14th, both birds are on territory ....

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: ON / Ottawa - Crowne Plaza - 2009 / Connor & Diana
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 13:46 »
Thanks Bev!  Glad you are there visiting them!

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
ON / Ottawa - Crowne Plaza - 2009 / Connor & Diana
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 10:05 »
2009 NESTING SEASON

I noticed when I was on the CPF site that there was mention of a new falcon in Ottawa.
well I was talking to EVe ticknor last night at their falconwatch(a block from me) adn no one checked it out asthere was no 10 Wellington in Ottawa.
So Peter and I checked it out. well there is  10 Welligton in Hull ,just across the brdge) .You can see the buildings it is on from the Ottawa side.
I have pictures and there deffintely is a falcon there. Did not see 2 but that does not mean there are not 2. Hope it does not try to snag the mate from this site.
Lots of room for a new pair there. And a perfect safe spot. could not have picked a better spot myself.
I showed the Pictures to Eve and I think it is a juvenille like waseported. They seem to think an adult.
I will post pictures when i get back.

It is far enough away  from this site but I guess the Ottawa birds have had free reighn of territory and may have to establish boundaries. I would guess this pair knows it is there.
and yes, I saw the Ottawa peregrines.
First day we were here , we walked the block down and there they were.

I hope it is monitored and does not get forgotten because it is on the wrong side of the river.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
ON / Ottawa - Delta Hotel - 2009-13
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 12:11 »
Ottawa Delta Hotel (formerly Crowne Plaza)
Ottawa, Ontario

The hotel used to be a Crowne Plaza and is now a Delta Hotel.  The hotel is at 101 Lyon Street North between Albert Street to the south and Queen Street to the north.  The nest box is located in the northwest corner of the hotel - in the photo below the box isn't visible but rather is located in a a gap just below the overhang.

Webcam link: www.peregrine-foundation.ca/Web_Cams/Ottawa/  (seems like the cam is not active - seems static - 21 Apr 2023)

CPF website: www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/c/sightings/ottawa-crowne-plaza/

Resident Pairs & Offspring
  • more information posted soon

photos: