Author Topic: Post Images on the Forum  (Read 6743 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Post Images on the Forum
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 19:09 »
Thanks for your encouragement, Doreen. :-* Will keep trying. ;)

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 18:55 »
Kinderchick it took me awhile too. I just kept going back to Elaine's instructions and finally it worked. Trust me if I can do it, anyone can.  ;)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 21:22 »
Just in case this is of help to anyone who is interested, here is what I did to get the photos of my dogs on the Forum...

Well, this evening, I got as far as signing up with a user name & password in Photobucket. Even managed to open up an album and a sub album but after that, I was stuck. ::) And I think I recall rcf saying somewhere that it isn't rocket science. ;) Well, for me, I guess it is because when I attempted to upload photos from my computer, I just couldn't do it, even when following your very precise step-by-step directions, Elaine. :-\

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 09:48 »
... Whatever you do, once you upload a photo into a specific album in photobucket,  do not move it to another album if you have posted a pic in a forum.  The posted pic disappears from your post.......I learned the hard way.  ::)
Thanks for this tip, rcf. :) I seem to recall that happening to you last year. :-\ I wonder why this happens? ???

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 14:54 »
Elaine L, you explained that perfectly, better than I could.  :)   Whatever you do, once you upload a photo into a specific album in photobucket,  do not move it to another album if you have posted a pic in a forum.  The posted pic disappears from your post.......I learned the hard way.  ::)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 12:38 »
Just in case this is of help to anyone who is interested, here is what I did to get the photos of my dogs on the Forum...

Wow! Thanks for posting these step-by-step directions, Elaine. 8) I think I might try to do this, sometime this weekend. :D

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 11:54 »
Just in case this is of help to anyone who is interested, here is what I did to get the photos of my dogs on the Forum:

1. I went to Photobucket http://photobucket.com/, which is free, and signed up with a username and password.  No particular reason for Photobucket, it was the only one I knew about.
2.  After I logged in, I opened up and named an album.  Then, I went to "upload now", and uploaded photos of my dogs from my computer.  Once this was done, I selected one of the photos from my album, and then went to "share" below the photo, one of the choices.
3.  Then I went to "get link code". 
4.  I selected "IMG for bulletin boards & forums", and selected "full size".
5.  I saved the link inside this box.
6.  Then, I copied this link inside this box to the Forum site where I was posting, which, in this case, was "The Peregrine Room", "photos of members pets".
7.  I pasted the link, then went to "preview" to see if it was there, and it was.
8.  I wrote my message, and sent it off along with the photo in "post".
If anyone wants to give it a try, great; I hope I did not forget any steps.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 01:12 »
For folks looking for a photo hosting service ....

Here is a neat comparison of a number of services ... two I know folks use (Photobucket & Flickr) successfully, the others I don't know about but the comparison is I think useful.

http://photo-sharing-services-review.toptenreviews.com/photobucket-com-review.html

If you would prefer a pay-for-service hoster, please consider PBase (www.pbase.com).  Both the Project and Dennis use this service and we have found it to be a very good service and the prices are exceedingly reasonable and its easy to make payment online.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 01:01 »
For those folks who post alot of photos, you might want to do what Dennis does which is to post a photo or two and then for the rest of the photos you want to share, post a link to your external photo hosting service.  All the photos do make some threads extremely long and for folks with a slower connection, this can make downloading even slower.  It can also mean that folks that are "reading" the thread have to scroll alot. 

To make it easier to showcase your photos, you might also want to consider looking into setting up individual folders for individual webcams or by individual years and/or months - you get the idea.

I am NOT discouraging folks from posting photos on the Forum, not at all!  I am just suggesting, having gone through every thread on this Forum, that for those who post alot of photos on a regular basis that this might be a way to share photos without having to spend all your time actually posting the photos here.  Set up folders/galleries on your photo hosting site and then post a photo or two and a link to the appropriate folder/gallery.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 18:07 »
There are other threads on this board that have other good tips for working with photos etc ... do check them out ...

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 18:04 »
Thanks Tracy!  :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 17:57 »
How do you post pictures?

Moved your post here Doreen as it is the best place to start ...  ;D

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 17:53 »
How do you post pictures?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 10:45 »
I won't host photos for the Forum as that chews into the operating space etc needed to operate the website, forum, blog, etc.  If you want to post photos that's not a problem but you will need to host them on an external photo sharing site like PBase, Photobucket, Flickr or Kodakgallery. 

To include photos in your post - its the icon beneath the italic I above - the command that will appear is {img}{/img} and then you put the url of your photo between the two commands

{img} http://www.photosharingwebsite.fun/myphotos/photo-01.jpg {/img}

The brackets on the above example are different - I have used {} so you can see what the code looks like - yours will be [] instead.

I have set up a new board call "Testing Grounds" on "The Forum" Board so folks can try out things first.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 09:52 »
What is your take on posting pictures  on this forum Tracy.

Something tells me you did not want a lot of that and I am one that posts pictures on other forums from cams etc. so I cannot remeber what you said about that.
I know you let me last year becasue of Radisson  but I do not want to break any rules.

BEv