Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2009 / Ivy & Jules  (Read 50102 times)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
West Winnipeg - 2009 / August
« Reply #487 on: August 06, 2009, 18:03 »
Your original post had too many details on the location of the West Winnipeg pair so it self-destructed (with a little help).
That's what I figured...sorry about that TPC. 
When I post, I try really hard to NOT disclose anything about the area as I respect the reasons why. 
I can't even remember what it was that I wrote, so all in all, no harm, no foul, or as the master says, no fuss, no muss!   ;)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #486 on: August 06, 2009, 12:57 »
Your original post had too many details on the location of the West Winnipeg pair so it self-destructed (with a little help).

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #485 on: August 05, 2009, 22:19 »
Hmm, not sure what happened to a post BccS and I made on Monday August 3rd......however,

Today, I saw a fabulous display off flying by the two West Winnipeg birds, Jules and Ivy.  For a moment, I thought I saw more than two falcons flying around, so I was a bit concerned.  I pulled over for a moment, but they were just so fast, I couldn't get a great look at them, plus, I wasn't able to get into the best position to spot them all.  It was just the way they were all flying and their behavior.  There was no aerial battles taking place, from what I witnessed, but again, I did not have open sky to watch. 
I do know that there were pigeons scattering about so I would like to think that the two of them were stooping for supper.  I wish I could report more than that but, that's all I saw. 

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #484 on: August 04, 2009, 00:20 »
New thread for a new month ....

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
West Winnipeg - 2009 / July
« Reply #483 on: July 29, 2009, 19:18 »
Just happen to be in the West-end early this morning...6:20ish
Jules on her corner at the Diner and no sign of Ivy. After stepping out of the truck for a couple of minutes...off the perch she comes...makes a couple of circles and then behind the Bleachers. Then another loop around the Bleachers, but didn't come back.
Change my location hoping to locate...yep ! Both now perched on the East side of the Bleachers...then Ivy takes flight and does a couple of turns and heads towards a near by tower.
Checking my watch...I still have some time before work.
The clouds start to clear and the early morning sun makes him glow...out of the truck...click,click,click,then Jules fly's in. More click, click, click...with a lot of keee keee kee kee ke ke ke ke going on...what a sight to see and hear on a early Tuesday morn.

Woo Hoo!!!  Really happy you we're able to see them this morning.  Can't wait for more of your incredible pictures  :D

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #482 on: July 29, 2009, 06:25 »
Yahoo, I hope so!! We like pictures!!  ;D  Especially Dennis' picture   :-*

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #481 on: July 29, 2009, 06:23 »
Great report Dennis. Does this mean more pictures??

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #480 on: July 28, 2009, 22:04 »
AWESOME, what a way to start your day, hey Dennis????  Thanks for that report.   :-*

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2009, 22:00 »
Just happen to be in the West-end early this morning...6:20ish
Jules on her corner at the Diner and no sign of Ivy. After stepping out of the truck for a couple of minutes...off the perch she comes...makes a couple of circles and then behind the Bleachers. Then another loop around the Bleachers, but didn't come back.
Change my location hoping to locate...yep ! Both now perched on the East side of the Bleachers...then Ivy takes flight and does a couple of turns and heads towards a near by tower.
Checking my watch...I still have some time before work.
The clouds start to clear and the early morning sun makes him glow...out of the truck...click,click,click,then Jules fly's in. More click, click, click...with a lot of keee keee kee kee ke ke ke ke going on...what a sight to see and hear on a early Tuesday morn.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2009, 14:50 »
I'm thinking that this yelling by the females is something passed onto them from Princess. Here, Brandon, Edmonton. Sheeeesh. But it does make for easy spotting. ;D
I don't know Jules' excuse.....perhaps they just know that right tone of falcon screech  :D

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2009, 14:50 »
Attitude, they've all got attitude! I love it . . .

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #476 on: July 28, 2009, 14:49 »
I'm thinking that this yelling by the females is something passed onto them from Princess. Here, Brandon, Edmonton. Sheeeesh. But it does make for easy spotting. ;D

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2009, 14:47 »
Aw, that is sweet!  Thanks for this update allikat   :-*

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #474 on: July 28, 2009, 14:39 »
Air quality check....

Both birds are still hanging around at their usual spots which is great!!! 

Heard Jules this morning...gotta love those female falcons and there screeching  ::)
I'm pretty sure she was having a conversation with Ivy because he showed up pretty quick....breakfast perhaps for his loved one?

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #473 on: July 24, 2009, 12:57 »
Wanted to update for the folks that aren't able to see our West Winnipeg pair. 
This morning, as I was stopped at a light, saw Jules fly and swoop up, actually folks more like warp speed flying here....all I can say is WOW!  Falcons are amazing!
She swooped up to her regular perch, she was cacking up a storm.  Ivy was on his regular perch facing another direction.  Maybe she was giving him the gears for perchin' all morning.   ::)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 18:43 by The Peregrine Chick »