Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2014 / Beau & Beatrix  (Read 38069 times)

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: West Winnipeg - 2014 / April & May
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 13:52 »
Right Kinderchick!! - I forgot about that Smokestack episode!!! :D - Glad they're in a proper nest finally - I think it was Jules who liked to nest in terrible places for some reason.  :-\

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 18:27 »
Wonderful news that Beatrix & Beau are starting a family! :D And to think that Beatrix slid down a smoke stack a few years ago & survived to "go forth & multiply"!

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 16:13 »
Good to hear that egg laying has started. I'm so glad.

These two seem quite content and relaxed together. That is when Beau is not vigorously defending the territory from intruders (including that pair of geese yesterday).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 16:25 by dupre501 »

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 22:26 »
May 1 - Nest Check

Nothing last time we visited but one egg for Beau and Beatrix as of today - and in the nestbox!!  Finally  :)
Next egg probably Friday, egg number three on Sunday or Monday and the incubation should start then.  Given that Beatrix is young, I think we should probably end up with 4 eggs here, but we'll have to wait and see.

And yes, we are hoping to put a camera on this location so that we can keep an eye on them without having to disturb them more than we have to.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
West Winnipeg - 2014 / April & May
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 22:23 »
I'll add some earlier observations here shortly

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Re: West Winnipeg - 2014 / Jan to March
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 22:21 »
I'll add updates here in a bit ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
West Winnipeg - 2014 / Beau & Beatrix
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 16:10 »
I'm missing a report on La Peregrina but Andamooka is hanging out in south Texas hunting along the coastal wetlands and hopping out to the oil platforms just offshore.  I'll have to have a look and see how close/far she is from South Padre which is a very hot spot for birds in the winter months ....

And Juliet is sticking to "her" spot in Iowa.  She was there last year so she knows what she is doing and being a year older she much more experienced.  Will be very interesting to see where she goes in the spring ....

I've requested information on La Peregrina and will post it when I get it ... she was the first of our chicks to bolt - she was in southern Mexico having just crossed the Gulf before any of her sibs or cousins had even seriously begun considering migrating last year!